TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Equipment / Products
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Grand Master PPEC Member

Default Anybody dealing Worldlawn mowers?

Changed my mind about posting.

Last edited by GWB2006 : 11-27-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: women's equality
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB2006 View Post
Hey guys (and gals), just looking for some feedback on a Chinese brand called Worldlawn mowers. One of our distributor reps stopped by today and said they are in process of becomming a distributor for these. Just wondering if anybody else has any input on them. http://www.worldlawnpower.com/
Just heard of them yesterday. One of the dealers here just became the distributer for them.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Walk Behind Mower

looks alot like a sutech stealth. what distributor handles them?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Rear Engine Rider

Smile Mower

Commercial Turf In Florda
1-866-300-7884
Old 02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Whatever you do, make sure they pay labor on warranty, other wise you'll end up with Chinese wages.
Garry
Old 02-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

I used to sell the Sutech Stealth mowers and they were pretty good units. The world mower looks like a carbon copy of the Stealth (also a China import) with some minor differences.

http://www.sutechusa.com/
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

I have never before heard that the Sutech mowers were "pretty good" units. Sutech has been severely badmouthed for years on all of the professional lawncare forums. From hard to operate,to poor quality cut, not one good word is to be found about these machines from commercial cutters.
Perhaps they do well with homeowners???
I suppose we will be getting info on the Worldmowers soon, as we deal with Buttery. I don't think we will want those in our store.
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensmobile View Post
I used to sell the Sutech Stealth mowers and they were pretty good units. The world mower looks like a carbon copy of the Stealth (also a China import) with some minor differences.

http://www.sutechusa.com/
Old 02-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Well we sold about a dozen of them and never had any real issues with any of them, we never sold any of their ZTR's. Most of the units were sold to homeowners with large yards, but a couple were sold to small commercial operators, if they had any bad experiences with them they never complained to us. These mowers have their applications and if you are used to running a commercial mower like a belt drive Scag, then using a Stealth can be a little confusing. If you use it the way it is designed then I don't think they are hard to operate at all.

The units are pretty heavy duty, but I would not recommend them for commercial crews, maybe only to owner operators as they are certainly not on par with the likes of Scag, eXmark or any other truly commercial mowers, but then they don't cost as much either. You don't get what you don't pay for!!!!

When I was checking for info on the Stealth I ran across these reviews on epinion.com I know these are not Commercial Cutters but I don't think that is the market for this machine. It could however be a good start up unit for someone with limited funds, as they cost about the same as a good quality commercial 21" Toro or Honda mower.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Power_Mow...splay_~reviews

Last edited by kensmobile : 02-16-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowingman View Post
I have never before heard that the Sutech mowers were "pretty good" units. Sutech has been severely badmouthed for years on all of the professional lawncare forums. From hard to operate,to poor quality cut, not one good word is to be found about these machines from commercial cutters.
Perhaps they do well with homeowners???
I suppose we will be getting info on the Worldmowers soon, as we deal with Buttery. I don't think we will want those in our store.
Jeff
I would have to agree we had horible luck with them. Belt adjustments were a nightmere. We didnt have too many problems with the units that went to homeowners but anyone trying to use them commercialy were at our door with problems constantly.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Walk Behind Mower

we have sold 9 stealths over a three year period. not really a fast mover. in that time i have had only one warranty claim. cooks power is a distributor for sutech as well as world mowers in florida. the stealths are a very durable machine, the sutech z mower is a turd!