TORO
Yard & Garden
Home What-Why-Who Membership Advertising Suppliers Safety Legislation-Legal Job Bank Contact Us Help
Chainsaws

Go Back   Professional Power Equipment Congress > THE DEALER'S FLOOR: > Equipment / Products
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Garden Tractor

You must remember the oil cooler recall and muffler shield deal?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack View Post
The welded pins that support the engine and deck brake. The came out with this kit to eliminate them. It was gone over in detail at the service schools.It is for the sports and rapid hight modles.
We haven't seen this. Our distributor doesn't do schools.

Quote:
backpack You must remember the oil cooler recall and muffler shield deal?
Yes we did see that one. The sentars aren't very popular around here and the rapid heights are just starting to take off, so we did not have to do to many of these.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchd1130 View Post
We haven't seen this. Our distributor doesn't do schools.

Yes we did see that one. The sentars aren't very popular around here and the rapid heights are just starting to take off, so we did not have to do to many of these.
We sell way more sentars than we do standers. I think we haven't sold a stander in about a year and a half.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Garden Tractor

The newer modles have had the upgrades sence about oct 06. We sell more stand on modles than sentars. We also sell Ferris, Exmark, Walker, Scag, and Everide.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Zero Turn Mower

Yah, I have read some of the crazy service bulletins. Thankfully all of them predate our involvement with selling the machines. The standers themselves are fairly proven at this point. The RH and Sentar Sports I dunno. I have so far only sold one RH model. I have a Sentar Sport sitting there now.

For the most part everyone around here wants the regular standers. They dont change height very much so the RH is a bunch of extra parts they dont need. Plus I think the regular Stander is more comfortable to most people.

Are any of you selling any of their Walk behinds or ZTR's? Just curious about that.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Yah, I have read some of the crazy service bulletins. Thankfully all of them predate our involvement with selling the machines. The standers themselves are fairly proven at this point. The RH and Sentar Sports I dunno. I have so far only sold one RH model. I have a Sentar Sport sitting there now.

For the most part everyone around here wants the regular standers. They dont change height very much so the RH is a bunch of extra parts they dont need. Plus I think the regular Stander is more comfortable to most people.

Are any of you selling any of their Walk behinds or ZTR's? Just curious about that.
We ususally stock 1 of the 36" Hydro velke mower and have occasionally sold the 48". We also have 1 of the Z's but it's been here for 6-7 months with no one looking at it but we also haven't really tried hard to promote it (self fulfilling prophecy there). Our top sellers are the 48 and 52" RH sentar sports with a several 52" and 48" full size sentars being the next most popular in the wright line. I do think we may need to start stocking a stander or two again though. Within the dealership there is some resistance to stocking them because the owner isn't a fan of the stander but takin too many calls on them to not stock one
Old 04-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Master PPEC Member

We sell allot of their walks. Great pricing and financing options. I have 1 of the Zs but haven't sold one yet.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchd1130 View Post
We sell allot of their walks. Great pricing and financing options. I have 1 of the Zs but haven't sold one yet.
While we have 1 of the Z's i'm not that interested in them because we already have Hustler, Husqvarna, Walker, and Gravely, so while Wright has a good product line, the mid mount Z is a tougher sell than the rest of the products, but while we're on the subject of commercial equipment I'm still ****ed off at Hustler for discontinuing their hydro walk behinds(the pump and wheel motor units, not the izt trim stars). Screw the trim star, It's not even close to the machine that the old hydro walk was. PLus now that there's no more 54" I'm getting a bunch of customers who won't take anything less than 52" and won't settlle for a 48"
Old 05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
String Trimmer

Default Wright Stander Issue

Recently purchased 2010 Wright Stander - went to engage blades and the machine goes to shut off. Any ideas on what this could be?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Master PPEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsenLandscape View Post
Recently purchased 2010 Wright Stander - went to engage blades and the machine goes to shut off. Any ideas on what this could be?
I would guess this to be a safety problem. I would take it to a dealer or check your safety switches.